The Biola Community Services District (BCSD) is seeking a new part-time General Manager (GM) to guide the community into the future.
Biola is a small unincorporated community with a population of about 1,700 located 8 miles west of Fresno and surrounded by vineyards and almonds. Reporting to a five-member elected Board of Directors, the new GM will oversee an operating budget of about $500,000, three part time staff and two contract operations staff. The two district wells and wastewater plant are maintained by and under the license of our contract operator.
In addition, the GM will oversee:
- The implementation and management of multiple grants that have been awarded for infrastructure related to the water system, wastewater system and groundwater recharge. BCSD has been very aggressive in recent years in pursuing grants to improve infrastructure. Several grants are pending implementation.
- The contract with a local vendor providing solid waste disposal services
- The rentals of the community center facility to outside parties throughout the year,
- Maintain the three ponding basins and storm drainage system throughout the community.
- Manage the Lighting, Landscape and maintenance District in Biola that provides maintenance to streetlights and sidewalk planters.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-skilled public administrator eager to contribute his or her creative and insightful leadership to help shape the future community. This person would have significant experience:
- managing an organization that provides utility, and planning services to community residents through a team including the governing body;
- preparing and managing complex budgets with an understanding of governmental accounting standards and the need for community participation in establishing priorities, while keeping the organization on a stable financial;
- effectively communicating with an active citizenry, offering good listening skills and an ability to create a positive dialogue about District;
- interacting with other public agencies and officials to secure financial assistance for the District and effective public service for the District from other governmental agencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in water and sewer system management
- Experience in Public Works
- Experience in administration of:budgets,personnelgrant management
Email resume to www.biolacsd.org
In Person at: 4925 N Seventh St Biola,Ca 93606
Additional Salary Information: $25 to $30 per hour depending on experience for about 25 hours per week No health or retirement benefits Sick pay and holiday pay included